Our primary mission at Rainbow Dreams Academy Charter School is to prepare each of our students to accept the challenges that lie ahead with eager anticipation and the utmost confidence.
Rainbow Dreams Academy serves students in grades K-8. Since our official opening, one grade level has been added each year. We currently serve students from K-8 with full day kindergarten offered at no cost. In the near future we are looking forward to offering a pre-k program for parents in order to prepare their young children for a successful transition into the Rainbow Dreams Academy Charter School culture. (Learn more)
Rainbow Dreams Academy (RDA) is an elementary charter school that will use the Clark County School District K-8 Common Core State Standards as it guide for curriculum development. This will ensure the instructional program’s alignment to Nevada Academic Content Standards and enable all students to progress by grade level according to the Nevada academic expectancies.
Rainbow Dreams Academy will offers a culturally relevant curriculum and instructional program that will integrate english language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, reading, computer technology, fine and performing arts and spanish with an infusion of African American history and multicultural education.
Rainbow Dreams Academy understands the importance of academic standards, expectancies, and accountability. We will use data from standardized test scores and other required assessments to both measure and guide our instructional program as well as develop individualized student learning.
Rainbow Dreams Academy is a Nevada state approved, K-6, public charter school. All students have an equal opportunity to attend RDA; the school does not discriminate in its enrollment based upon the race, gender,religion, ethnicity, or disability of a pupil.
RDA’s charter is dedicated to providing educational opportunities to students who are at risk. In order to serve this population, our application for admissions and determination of enrollment, are governed by NRS 386.580 and Senate Bill 391. (Copies of each are available in the school office upon request.)
The following is our enrollment criteria:
- Applicants economically disadvantaged with a sibling attending Rainbow Dreams Academy during the school year and living within a two mile radius of Rainbow Dreams Academy.
- Applicants economically disadvantaged and living within a two mile radius of Rainbow Dreams Academy.
- Applicants with siblings attending Rainbow Dreams Academy during the school year and living within a two mile radius of Rainbow Dreams Academy.
- Applicants living within a two mile radius of Rainbow Dreams Academy.
- Applicants with siblings attending Rainbow Dreams Academy during the school year.
- Applicants economically disadvantaged and living beyond a two mile radius of Rainbow Dreams Academy.
All remaining applicants:
If the above criteria exceeds the number of available spaces, the school will enroll students based upon a lottery system established and conducted in accordance with NRS 386.50 and SB 391, using the same criteria as outlined above for enrollment.